VAC1043 - Tug Master
||Jebel Ali, U.A.E.
||DPW UAE MARINE
To command any one of the Port tugs, which are mainly used to assist the movement of vessel’s within the Port.
Responsibilities will include:
- To command Port Tugs and ensure tugs are maintained and kept clean at all times for immediate use.
- To provide towage assistance to vessels moving within the port for berthing and un berthing.
- Placing and positioning the buoys marking the dredged entrance channel of the port to avoid accidents.
- To exercise his tug and crew in all emergency routines frequently for emergency situations.
- To assist in any oil Pollution clean-up using fixed spray installation on board to ensure pollution is cleared as quickly & efficiently as possible.
The Marine Department controls on all the functions of the Marine, E.g.: Tugs, Mooring & Pilot Boats. It also controls Vessel Traffic & Marine Invoicing and, the pollution emergency. Furthermore, it arranges for Berthing & Sailing and, manages for the smooth & effective Berthing.
In order to give credible support to the organisation, it is essential you have the following:
Skills & Experience
- 5 years sea experience as a skipper of a fishing boat or local craft dhow
- Practical working knowledge of handling Pilot boat
- High School Diploma with sea going experience
|Rewards & Opportunities:
Competitive salary, including:
- Accommodation allowance, Transport allowance
- Staff accommodation (delete if not applicable)
- Education allowance (delete if not applicable)
- Overtime (delete if not applicable)
- Air ticket allowance for self/family (delete as appropriate)
- Private Medical insurance OR Government Medical Insurance (delete as appropriate)
- 27/22 working days annual leave per annum (delete as appropriate)
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- Expatriates - receive Gratuity at the end of service
- UAE Nationals - DP World will make monthly contributions to your pension
- As a member of the Dubai World group, there is a large number of discounts available to DP World staff in the UAE region
Training, Development & Career ProgressionWe are committed to the development of our people and aim to retain talent by investing in ongoing training & development to help improve skills and performance.
To download the full job description please click here
|Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
DP World processes personal information in accordance with
Data Protection principles and takes reasonable steps to ensure accuracy of
data. Please be advised that your personal information is stored in a secure
central database which is owned by the Dubai World Group of Companies, of which
DP World is a part of.
You are about to be redirected to an application form; by
completing this form you confirm that the personal information provided is true
and correct to the best of your knowledge. In addition, you have read and fully
understand the contents herein and consent to Dubai World Group of Companies
processing of your personal data for relevant purposes in accordance with the
Company’s Data Protection Policy.